- 1 pound frozen skinless salmon fillets, thawed
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cups cooked short-grain or jasmine rice
- 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted white sesame seeds
1. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium.
2. Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until just cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, break into chunks.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil until the sugar dissolves.
4. Divide the rice, cucumber, avocado, and salmon among 4 serving bowls. Drizzle with the dressing and top with the sesame seeds.