Callaloo's Jerk Chicken
- 5 bunches whole scallions, finely chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Scotch bonnet peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup ground allspice (dry pimento berries)
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup water
- 5 pounds chicken thighs or 2 whole chickens cut into quarters (dark meat tastes better)
Combine the ingredients (except the water and chicken) in a large bowl. Then add the water to create a paste. You should then add the chicken and let it marinate, at least 1 hour or ideally 24 hours in the refrigerator. You can grill or bake the chicken; ideally you mark the chicken on the grill, and then finish it off in the oven.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chicken Breasts with Glazed Peaches and Fennel and Corn Muffins in Poblano Cups, Chicken Breasts with Orange-Fennel Seed-Olive Relish, Chile Chicken Skewers, Thai Chicken Recipes, Chicken Chili Recipes, Teriyaki Recipes, Easy Side Dish, Sesame Chicken Recipes, Turkey Breast Recipes