- 12 plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Chop tomatoes into small pieces, place in bowl. Add minced garlic and shallots. Put basil and parsley into a food processor, pulse until just chopped. Add to tomato mixture. Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to tomatoes. Season to taste. Will keep, refrigerated overnight. Serve at room temperature.
The recipes for this program, which were provided by contributors and guests who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in the Food Network's kitchens. Therefore, the Food Network cannot attest to the accuracy of any of the recipes.