- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, grated with a Japanese ginger grater
- 2-inch piece of shoga (ginger), grated
- 2 naganegi, or 1 bunch scallions
- 1/4 cup shoyu (soy sauce), more or less
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1/8 cup mirin
- 1 pound linguini, cooked
- Dashi (fish broth) or chicken broth
Put oil in a pan. Put the salmon filets in and flip to coat. Rub with garlic and ginger. Mix together remaining ingredients, except broth, in a separate bowl. Pour half of the mixture over the salmon. Cook over medium heat, covered, for 5 minutes. Turn salmon and add the rest of the mixture. If it needs more liquid, add broth 1/4 cup at a time. When salmon is opaque all the way through, remove from heat. Remove salmon from skin. Pour liquid over linguini then place chunks of salmon on top. Garnish with slivered pickled ginger.
The recipes for this program, which were provided by contributors and guests who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in the Food Network?s kitchens. Therefore, the Food Network cannot attest to the accuracy of any of the recipes.