Camarones al Carbon: Grilled Tiger Shrimp with Two Sauces
- 1/2 medium avocado peeled and pitted
- 2 medium tomatillos, husks removed
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 cup cold water, plus 1 cup for chipotle sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus 1/2 teaspoon for chipotle sauce
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 7 canned chipotles, seeds removed
- 1 pound tiger shrimp (16-20 count peeled and deveined)
- 1 medium fresh mango peeled and cut into thin wedges
In a blender or food processor blend the avocado, tomatillos, cilantro, water and salt, until you get a smooth puree. Set aside. In a blender or food processor blend the tomatoes, chipotles, water and salt, until you get a smooth puree. Set aside.
Season the shrimp with salt and on a grill or broiler cook the shrimp until tender; (being careful not to overcook).
On a medium-size plate place the avocado sauce on half of the plate, and on the other half the tomato-chipotle sauce; garnish the plate with the mango slices and set the grilled shrimp between the 2 salsas.
Recipe courtesy Priscila Satcoff
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen