A hearty rye bread strata recipe made with Egg Beaters, Canadian bacon and roasted red peppers
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1-1/2 cups Egg Beaters® Original (1-1/2 cups = 12 oz)
- 1 can (12 oz each) fat free evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups cubed rye bread (3/4-inch cubes)
- 3/4 cup chopped Canadian-style bacon
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Gulden's® Spicy Brown Mustard, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8x8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Combine Egg Beaters, milk and garlic powder in large bowl. Add bread, Canadian bacon, peppers, cheese and green onions; toss to coat.
3. Place bread mixture in prepared dish; lightly press bread down into Egg Beaters mixture. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Serve with mustard, if desired.
Roasted red peppers can be found in the condiment section of the grocery store.