- 2 ounces maple syrup, preferably organic and thick, with a strong flavor
- 1/4 cup butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound pecan halves, toasted
- 2 rosemary branches, leaves removed
In saucepan heat half of the syrup over medium temperature. Add butter, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Add nuts and cook 3 minutes, nuts will begin to stick together. Add remaining 1/2 of the maple syrup and cook until it begins to caramelize. Add the rosemary leaves and toss. Immediately remove from the heat. Cool on a silpat sheet.