- 2 1/2 pounds all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 whole eggs
- 2 ounces sugar
- 2 ounces vegetable shortening (recommended: Crisco)
- Pinch salt
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Marsala wine, as needed
- Soybean oil, for deep-frying
- Ricotta Cream:
- 60 ounces ricotta impastata
- 20 ounces sugar
- Liquid cream, as needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 drops cinnamon oil
- 1 ounce diced candied citron
- 1 ounce chocolate chips (4000 count)
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
For the dough: Mix together all the ingredients except the marsala. Add the marsala, as needed, to form a stiff dough. Run the dough through a dough sheeter. Cut the dough into ovals, roughly 3 by 5 inches. Wrap the dough around a wooden stick. Seal well with egg sealer. Let rest overnight.
Preheat the deep fryer filled with soybean oil to 375 degrees F.
Fry the shells until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes, and cool down on paper towel-lined sheet pan. Once cool, remove the metal or wooden sticks and store in an airtight container until ready for use.
Fill each cannoli with the ricotta cream with a pastry bag or spoon.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.