- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 clams, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 cup fresh diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups fish stock (may substitute chicken stock)
- 12 sea scallops
- 28 mussels, washed and debearded
- 12 jumbo shrimp, cleaned, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 pound or 2 cups fresh squid, cleaned and cut
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 2 ounces cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed herbs (parsley, basil, thyme)
In hot pan, heat oil. Add clams, garlic and shallots and saute for approximately 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, white wine, and fish stock and cook until clams open. Add sea scallops, mussels, shrimp, and marinara. Cook 3 minutes. Add squid and cover and cook just until mussels and clams open. Discard any unopened mussels or clams.
Bring 6 quarts salted water to a boil. Cook angel hair approximately 6 or 7 minutes until al dente. Drain well and place into 4 hot bowls.
Arrange seafood around plate. Add butter and herbs to sauce. Stir until butter is melted. Spoon over pasta and garnish with fresh thyme.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Francesco Buto