Captain Kofi's Candlelight Catfish
- Kofi's Seafood Rub:
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon hot curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon toasted fennel seeds
- 1 whole catfish (1 to 2 pounds) or 4 catfish steaks (about 1 1/2-inches thick)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- For the seafood rub:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Preheat the grill to medium.
Arrange the fish on the grill and cover with foil. Grill for 15 minutes. Using a broad spatula, carefully turn the fish over and continue to grill, covered, for 20 to 30 minutes.
Transfer the fish to a serving platter and serve.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.