Captain Kofi's Candlelight Catfish
- Kofi's Seafood Rub:
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon hot curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon toasted fennel seeds
- 1 whole catfish (1 to 2 pounds) or 4 catfish steaks (about 1 1/2-inches thick)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- For the seafood rub:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Preheat the grill to medium.
Arrange the fish on the grill and cover with foil. Grill for 15 minutes. Using a broad spatula, carefully turn the fish over and continue to grill, covered, for 20 to 30 minutes.
Transfer the fish to a serving platter and serve.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.