Caramelized Pear Spring Roll with Blood Orange Cream Sauc
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 anjou pears, cored and sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 blood oranges, sectioned, crushed and strained for the juice
- 1 large egg
- 2 large spring roll wrappers
- Orange zest, for garnish (optional)
Preheat a fryer to 350 degrees F.
To make the rolls, crack the egg into a small bowl and gently stir with a fork. Lay out each spring roll sheet and brush them with the egg wash around corners of the wrapper. Place 1/2 of the pear mixture in the center of a wrapper, and roll wrapper, pinching sides when finished. Repeat with remaining pear mixture and spring roll wrapper. Carefully place the rolls in the fryer for about 1 minute or until desired crispness. To plate, place sauce in middle of plate, cut rolls on a slant and place on each other. Garnish with orange zest, if desired.
Copyright 2002, Ralph Pallarino, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse