- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno, seeded, diced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated or chopped ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, bone and skin on
- Lime wedges
Puree all ingredients except chicken in food processor. Add marinade and chicken to re-sealable plastic bag, mix thoroughly and let marinate, refrigerated, for 4 to 8 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat grill to high, remove excess marinade from chicken and place on grill. Grill each side of chicken for 3 to 4 minutes then place on a pan and finish in the oven for 15 minutes.
Squeeze a lime wedge over each piece of chicken and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Ingrid Hoffmann