Caribbean Eggplant Curry Soup
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
- 1 smoked ham hock
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 4 large eggplant, peeled and cut into large dice
- 1/4 cup curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 small knob of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk of lemon grass, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 can Coco Lopez
In a heavy bottomed pot, saute onions, garlic and ham hock until the onions are translucent. Add all other ingredients and cook for 1/2 hour under slow to medium heat. Puree in a food processor and strain through a fine sieve. Season and serve hot.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.