Caribbean Jerk Burgers
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie cole slaw dressing or reduced-calorie vegan cole slaw dressing
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise or fat-free vegan mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 3/4 cup shredded green cabbage or packaged cole slaw mix
- 3/4 cup shredded red cabbage or packaged cole slaw mix
- 4 Grillers® Vegan Veggie Burgers or Grillers Prime® Veggie Burgers
1. Combine dressing, mayonnaise and seasoning. Set aside.
2. Place frozen burgers on baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Turn burgers. Spread half of jerk mixture on top of burgers. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes more.
3. Toss together cabbages and remaining jerk mixture. Top burgers with cabbage mixture.
ON THE GRILL:
Use a food thermometer to be sure patties reach minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Helpful Hints: Save time and energy by substituting purchased cole slaw mix for both the red and green cabbage in this spicy burger recipe. The fabulous flavor stays the same, but you don't have to clean and chop cabbage.
Note: Recipe is vegan only if vegan cole slaw dressing, vegan mayonnaise, and Morningstar Farms® Grillers® Vegan Veggie Burgers are used.
®, ™, ©, 2010 Kellogg NA Co. Morningstar Farms Recipes are the property of the Kellogg Company.
This recipe has been tested and endorsed by Kellogg and Morningstar Farms®.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.