Caribbean Stuffed Red Snapper
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) whole red snapper, scaled and gutted
- 1 lime, quartered
- Salt, for rubbing the fish
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small lime, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet marjoram
Wash the fish and rub inside and out with the quartered lime and salt. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes. Wipe off the lime juice and salt. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F or prepare the barbeque grill.
Combine all the stuffing ingredients and fill the cavity of the snapper. Bake or grill the fish until the flesh is opaque, allowing about 10 minutes per pound. Do not overcook.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Angela Shelf Medearis
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse