- 3 pounds uncut pork butt
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -ounce hot sauce
- Granulated garlic, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups water
- 9 ripe tomatoes
- 2 whole peeled onions (yellow or white)
- 1 whole head garlic, peeled
- 1 bell pepper, stemmed
- 2 celery stalks, halved
- 1 -ounce Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 -ounce dried oregano
- 1 -ounce granulated garlic
- 1 slice wheat bread
- 1/4 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- Roasted peppers:
- 4 dried chiles de arbol
- 1 dried ancho chile
- 2 dried California chiles
- 1/2 -ounce sesame seeds
- Italian dressing:
- 5 ounces extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces apple cider vinegar
- 1 small head garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 -ounce dry oregano
- Pinch salt
Marinade: Put the pork in a roasting pan. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the marinade over the pork and massage it into the meat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
After marinating, put the covered roasting pan in the oven and roast for 1 hour while preparing the salsa.
Vigorously mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Add the Italian dressing and blend thoroughly.
Put the mixture into large saucepan over medium heat and bring to boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove the pork from the oven to a cutting board and cut into bite-size chunks.
Add the pork pieces to the saucepan over medium heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.