- 2 1/2 pounds chuck roll, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons garlic salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 8 bolillo rolls, sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted and flesh sliced
- Torta Salsa, recipe follows
- 1 head Iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Torta Salsa:
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 6 jalapenos
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups water
Lay out the beef rounds in a single layer. Season the meat on both sides with the garlic salt and black pepper. Put the meat in a medium mixing bowl and add the vinegar. Let the meat marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
Preheat a grill to high heat.
Remove the meat from the marinade and put on the hot grill. Grill until the meat is cooked to desired doneness. Transfer the meat to a cutting board. Cut the meat into 1-inch pieces and set aside in bowl, covered with foil, to keep warm.
Combine the chopped onions and cilantro in a small bowl.
To assemble the tortas, top the bottom half of the roll with sliced avocado, a handful of the cut meat, some of the cilantro/onion mixture and some of the Torta Salsa. Top with shredded lettuce and 2 tomato slices. Repeat with remaining rolls and ingredients. Cover with the roll tops, cut in half and serve.Torta Salsa:
Transfer the cooled mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.