- 1 pound cubed beef blade meat
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 1 -ounce whole cumin seeds
- 1/2 -ounce freshly ground black pepper
- 1 quart water, plus 1-ounce
- 1/2 cup blonde roux, made from 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup fat
In a large saute pan over medium heat add the cubed meat and cook until browned. Add the chopped bell pepper, onion, tomato, garlic, cumin, black pepper and 1-ounce water and stir to combine. Add 1 quart water and bring everything to a boil. Turn the heat down and add the roux. Cook the mixture until it thickens and season with salt, to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter and serve.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Maria A. Alanis of Bob's Taco Station in Rosenberg, TX