- 6 large carrots
- 1/2 cup creamy yogurt, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, pureed with salt
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel carrots and cut into 1/2-inch slices. Place in an oven-proof saucepan, cover and bake until tender, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the yogurt, garlic, juice from 1/2 of the lemon, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste. Puree the carrots in a blender or food processor until smooth, adding the remaining lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt to taste.
Spoon the carrot puree into a serving dish, and top with the yogurt sauce. Garnish with the fresh mint.