Carrot Salad with Raisins and Sherry Vinegar
c.1997, M.S. Milliken & S. Feniger, all rights reserved
- 6 servings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijonstyle mustard
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fruity Spanish olive oil
- 1/2 cup amontillado or other full flavored sherry such as Cream
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 pounds young tender carrots, cut into 1/8inch julienne strips
In a large serving bowl, whisk the mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper together. Drizzle the olive oil over in a thin stream, whisking all the time until it is completely emulsified. Set aside.
When ready to serve, combine the carrots with the raisins and all of their soaking liquid in the bowl with the vinaigrette. Toss to coat all the ingredients evenly and serve at once.
Recipe courtesy of Dave Lieberman