- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijonstyle mustard
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fruity Spanish olive oil
- 1/2 cup amontillado or other full flavored sherry such as Cream
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 pounds young tender carrots, cut into 1/8inch julienne strips
In a large serving bowl, whisk the mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper together. Drizzle the olive oil over in a thin stream, whisking all the time until it is completely emulsified. Set aside.
In a small sauce pan, combine the sherry with the raisins and warm up to just below the boil. Remove from the heat and leave to macerate for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.