Flank Steak with Fresh Vegetable Salsa
- 1 (2 to 3-pound) flank steak
- 2 cups mixed chopped seasonal fresh vegetables, such as squash, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, red onion, tomato, and carrots
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat a large nonstick saute pan, or preheat a grill or grill pan. Sear the flank steak on both sides for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until medium-rare. Remove steak from heat and let rest for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine vegetables, vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and mix well.
Cut steak against the grain into slices. Serve the steak and vegetable salsa with tortillas, chips and avocado, sour cream, and grated Cheddar, if desired.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Cat Cora
Recipe courtesy of Tom Pizzica
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello