- 1 (2 to 3-pound) flank steak
- 2 cups mixed chopped seasonal fresh vegetables, such as squash, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, red onion, tomato, and carrots
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat a large nonstick saute pan, or preheat a grill or grill pan. Sear the flank steak on both sides for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until medium-rare. Remove steak from heat and let rest for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine vegetables, vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and mix well.
Cut steak against the grain into slices. Serve the steak and vegetable salsa with tortillas, chips and avocado, sour cream, and grated Cheddar, if desired.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.