- 6 artichokes hearts, cleaned and quartered (24 count)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 ounces white wine
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the artichokes and all other ingredients except chopped parsley into a medium bowl. Toss together and put into a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil on top of the stove, cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven. Cook until soft, about 1 hour. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Note: The artichokes will keep for up to 3 weeks, refrigerated, in the cooking liquid.