- 1 small fresh turkey, cut into pieces
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 cups wild rice, cooked
- 2/3 cup chestnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion, sauteed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh savory leaves
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
Preheat the grill to high heat.
Season the turkey with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Place the turkey on the grill and grill each side over high heat until nicely browned, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Turn the heat down to low and move the turkey pieces to a higher rack in the grill. Close the lid of the grill and let cook slowly, turning occasionally, for 30 to 40 minutes. Then begin brushing the pomegranate juice on the turkey and continue until the turkey is cooked through; an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, away from the bone should register 175 degrees F. Remove the turkey from the grill, transfer to a cutting board, and let it stand, loosely covered with foil, for 15 minutes before carving.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.