- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds whitefish (Corbina is used in Peru)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 1 to 2 Serrano chiles, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 6 lemons
- Juice of 3 limes
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- Lettuce leaves for serving
- Extra virgin olive oil
Remove skin and bones of fish and cut fish into small pieces. Wash and dry fish and place in a nonmetallic container. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper, cover with onions, chiles, lime and lemon juice and mix well. Cover and marinate 3 to 4 hours in the refrigerator, stirring every hour.
Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil, add corn and cook for 4 minutes. Drain the corn and slice each ear into 4 pieces. Wash and peel the sweet potatoes and cut into quarters. Set in a saucepan with lightly salted water to cover. Bring to a boil, cover loosely and boil 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife. Drain, cool and slice potatoes.