Cedar Plank Salmon Parmesan with Asian Reduction Sauce over Sauteed Julienned Vegetables
- Asian Sauce:
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 pound brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced Thai basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced lemon grass
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 green bell pepper, julienne
- 1 onion, julienne
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienne
- 4 cedar planks
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (8-ounce) salmon fillets
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Paprika or parsley, for garnish
- For the Asian Sauce:
In a saucepan, add all the sauce ingredients. Bring almost to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. Pour sauce over red and green bell peppers, onions, and carrots. Saute in wok until vegetables are cooked.
Heat grill to medium-high. Soak the cedar planks in water for about 2 hours prior to cooking.
Coat tops of planks with olive oil. Place planks on grill 1 minute, prior to cooking, until ithey start to smoke. Coat top and bottom of salmon fillets with Parmesan, sprinkle salt, pepper, and minced garlic on tops of salmon. Place salmon on top of planks skin side down. Close lid on grill and smoke the salmon for about 10 minutes until salmon is done or flakes a little with a fork. Garnish with paprika or sprig of parsley. Serve immediately with sauteed vegetables.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.