- 5 pounds fresh skinless snapper fillet, cut into cubes
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup whole cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup whole parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tortilla chips or crackers
Spread the fish evenly in a large, non reactive pan. Mix all of the citrus juice and pour over the fish. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. The citrus juice will cook the fish throughout. Add the rest of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Serve with tortilla chips or your favorite cracker.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Scott Leibfried