CHAR-GRILLED VEAL TENDERLOIN WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO, BASIL BEURRE BLANC SAUCE
- 8 -ounce piece veal butt tenderloin
- Marinade for Veal:
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shallots, chopped
- 1 -ounce mixed chopped herbs
- 1 -ounce white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon shallots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon julienne sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 -ounce white wine
- 1/2 -ounce heavy cream
- 2 ounces whole butter
- 1/2 -ounce reduced veal stock (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat grill. Let veal marinate overnight. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until medium-rare medium. In a small sauce pot add garlic, shallots, basil, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, white wine and cream. Heat mixture until it has reduced by half. Pull reduction off heat and whisk in whole butter then add veal stock, salt, and pepper. Slice veal and top with sauce.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.