Chargrilled Salmon Relish
- 1 (2 pound) Pacific or wild caught salmon fillet
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for vegetables
- 5 pinches sea salt, plus 1/2 teaspoon, divided
- 5 pinches coarsely ground black pepper, plus 1/2 teaspoon, divided
- 5 pinches seafood seasoning (recommended: Old Bay Seasoning)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 cups quartered cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup half moon shaped sliced red onion
- 2 cans whole kernel corn
- 1 cup halved dried apricots
- 1 fistful fresh tarragon leaves, coarsely chopped
Preheat an outdoor grill or an indoor grill pan.
Line the bottom of a roasting pan with aluminum foil. Put the salmon in the roasting pan and drizzle both sides with olive oil, about 1 teaspoon on each side. On both sides of the salmon, sprinkle about 5 pinches each of salt, black pepper and seafood seasoning.
Put the salmon directly on the grill and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side. You'll know it's done when the natural fat of the salmon starts to seep out. Put the salmon back in the roasting pan and set aside.
Line a second roasting pan or baking sheet with aluminum foil. Pour the vegetable mixture in 1 layer into the roasting pan. Put the pan on the grill for 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
Put the vegetable mixture on a serving platter and sprinkle with the chopped tarragon. Top with the salmon and serve.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.