Charred Tricolore Salad
- 3 large heads radicchio, cored and quartered
- 3 large endives, halved lengthwise
- 1 recipe Balsamic Vinaigrette (see below)
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 1 bunch arugula
- Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 14 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Whisk the mustard and the vinegar together in a mixing bowl. Whisking constantly, add 2-3 tablespoons of the oil in a thin stream until the mixture thickens. Then in a steady stream, whisk in the remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If desired, you can thin the vinaigrette by whisking in a few drops of water.
Preheat a gas grill to medium high, or preheat a grill pan on top of the stove to medium. Grill the radicchio and endive, uncovered, until they begin to wilt and char but are still holding their shape, 5 to 7 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with the dressing leftover in the bottom of the mixing bowl. Place the radicchio and endive in a large bowl and add the vinaigrette and oregano. Toss to coat.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.