Chateaubriand Henri Iv
- 1 pound center cut beef tenderloin
- 4 slices beef marrow
- 4 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 large mushroom, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- Freshly ground salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Clarified butter
- Anchovy Butter, recipe follows
- ANCHOVY BUTTER:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Cut pocket lengthwise in side of tenderloin, leaving 1/2-inch uncut at each end. Place marrow into hot pan and add spring onions. Fry gently and add mushrooms. Add wine, rosemary, and salt and pepper. Scrape mixture to one side of pan so it cooks indirectly over the heat.
Preheat broiler. Stuff pocket of meat with mushroom-onion mixture. Tie meat at each end to secure filling and season with salt and pepper. Brush roasting rack with butter and place meat on rack, basting with more butter. Broil 2 inches from heat, 5 minutes on each side, basting frequently. Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices. Smooth over with anchovy butter.ANCHOVY BUTTER:
Place butter, anchovy paste and parsley on a board and work together into a smooth paste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.