Chayote Stir Fry
- 1 chayote squash, peeled and seed removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 -inch piece of ginger, lightly smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1/2 pound snow peas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock
- 4 cups cooked white rice (optional)
Thinly slice the chayote squash. In a heated wok, add oil and then ginger and salt. Add squash, carrot and onion and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Add wine and stir, then add snow peas and stock and stir fry for 30 more seconds. Serve over rice or as a side dish.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.