Give your everyday chicken and rice dinner a makeover with this deliciously cheesy chicken and yellow rice recipe. Simply stir flavor-packed GOYA® Yellow Rice with seasoned chicken breasts veggies, and a handful of cheddar cheese. In 30 minutes, you have an easy, comforting weeknight meal that will chase the blahs away!
- 1 box. (8 oz.) GOYA® Yellow Rice
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored, seeded and finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tbsp. GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4" pieces
- GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, to taste
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. In small saucepan over medium heat, bring 2 cups water to boil. Add contents of yellow rice mix, tomatoes and 1 tbsp. oil; return water to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with Adobo. Cook chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add bell peppers and onions to skillet. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are soft and chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes more; remove from heat.
3. In skillet with cooked chicken, stir in cooked rice until combined. Mix in cheese, stirring until melted. Serve warm.