Chef Alberto's Tomato Sandwich
- 6 hard-crusted rolls, halved lengthwise
- 6 (4-ounce) balls fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 6 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- White balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Open up the rolls, add a layer of mozzarella slices on bottom half of each roll, covering it. Sprinkle fresh chopped basil over mozzarella. Lay slices of tomato on top of cheese and basil. Drizzle white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste on top of tomatoes. Top with other half of roll. Slice each sandwich in half and enjoy.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.