Chef Sam's Award-Winning Seafood Laulau
- 3 (3-ounce) fresh Mahi Mahi pieces
- 2 ti leaves, ribs removed or corn husks or banana leaaves
- 4 ounces dill mayonnaise, recipe follows
- 3 bay shrimps
- 3 bay scallops
- 1 -ounce fresh spinach
- 1 -ounce shiitake mushroom, julienned
- 2 ounces vegetable mix, (Sauteed zucchini, bell pepper and onion)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces baby bok choy
- 2 ounces lomi tomato relish, recipe follows
- Soy butter sauce, recipe follows
Place 1 piece of fish on ti leaves and add a dollop of dill mayo, 1 piece of shrimp, scallop, spinach, mushroom and vegetable mix and season. Continue with the rest of the fish and then wrap.
Steam Seafood Laulau for 15 to 20 minutes, steam 4 ounces of baby bok choy for 5 minutes. Place baby bok choy in center of plate topped with Seafood Laulau. Then at 3 points of the plate, add 2 ounces of the lomi tomato relish. Drizzle 2 ounces of the soy butter sauce over the Seafood Laulau.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.