- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crab boil seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups baby potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1 (28-ounce) can San Marzano diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound crab meat
In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, saute the onions, garlic, and celery in the olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the crab boil seasoning, lemon pepper seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until all the vegetables are coated with seasoning and spices. Add all the other ingredients except for the crab. Simmer over low heat until potatoes are soft, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
While the soup is cooking, pick through the crab meat just to ensure that all shells are removed. Stir in crab the last 10 minutes of cooking.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.