- 4 cups black-eyed peas, cooked and drained
- 1 cup white onion, small dice
- 1 1/2 cups red pepper, medium dice
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, picked and chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, picked and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, zested
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
Mix dressing in a separate bowl and pour over salad. Adjust with salt and pepper, to taste.
Salad is best when made a day ahead.