- 4 pounds chicken wings, cut into 2 parts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Canola or peanut oil, for frying
- Wing Sauce, recipe follows
Season wings with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour and cornstarch. Deep fry until done and crispy. Toss in hot wing sauce.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cheryl's Hot Sauce, to desired heat, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Salt, to taste
In saute pan over medium heat, saute onions in oil for 4 minutes then add garlic. Cook 1 minute more. Add 2 cups chicken stock and ketchup, bring to a simmer. Mix remaining 1/4-cup stock and cornstarch together and whisk into saucepan to thicken. Now add Cheryl's Hot Sauce to desired heat, sugar, and salt, to taste.
Cheryl's Hot Sauce:
- 10 whole Scotch bonnet peppers, rinsed and stems removed
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 10 whole pimento seeds
To a blender, add peppers and 1 cup of vinegar and puree. Add remaining vinegar, if needed. Stir in pimento seeds. Store in a bottle or jar in refrigerator.
Yield: 2 cups