- 2 green papayas, peeled, seeded and julienned
- 2 inches fresh ginger, julienned
- 1 red pepper, seeded, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 allspice berries
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 8 peppercorns
- 1 Scotch bonnet, whole
- 3 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup salt
Divide papaya, ginger, peppers, and garlic into 2 sterilized pickling jars.
Bring all other ingredients to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes then pour over vegetables in jar. Seal when cold.