Chevre Tartlets with Provencal Peppers
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 18 to 20 wonton wrappers, 2 1/2 inches square
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1 cup julienned green bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a nonstick mini muffin tin with the cooking spray. Press the wrappers into each mold and spray with a light coating again. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Remove the shells from the muffin tin and set aside to cool.
Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the peppers, onions, herbes de Provence, salt, pepper and cook over low heat for about 40 minutes. Add the garlic and continue cooking for a few more minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool. Drain the oil that separates from the peppers.
Reduce the oven temperature to 250 degrees.
Take each wonton shell and spoon in about 1/2 teaspoon of the goat cheese mixture, enough to cover the base of the shell. Top with a teaspoon of the pepper mixture.
Place the tartlets on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 minutes until warmed through.
All Recipes Courtesy of Gillian Duffy