- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons toasted cumin seed, ground
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 (16-ounce) can tomatoes, including liquid, chopped
- 3 cups beef stock or broth
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 carrots, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 3 cups blanched broccoli florets
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can chick-peas, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
In a casserole heat the oil over moderate heat until hot. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden. Add the garlic, cumin, thyme and ginger and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and liquid, broth And cinnamon stick, bring liquid to a boil and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Add the carrots and simmer, covered, for 8 minutes. Add the broccoli, squash and chick-peas and simmer, covered, 5 minutes more, or until vegetables are just tender. Stir in the cilantro. Serve with couscous.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.