Chick Peas, Peppers and Olive Paste Topping
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced
- 4 ounces roasted red peppers, finely julienned (from the jar)
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, cut into strips
- 16 ounce can chick peas, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive paste
- 8 ounces linguini, cooked
- Romano cheese for grating
In a skillet heat olive oil. Saute scallions for 30 seconds. Add peppers, tomatoes, chick peas and rosemary and bring to a simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper and simmer until flavors come together. (If sauce gets too "tight" add water.)
When pasta is done, toss with olive paste and transfer to heated dish; top with sauce and garnish with cheese.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.