- 1 large portabella mushroom cap, sliced
- 2 (5-ounce) raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlets, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 wedges light spreadable Swiss cheese (recommended: The Laughing Cow Light), room temperature
- 1/3 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drainedand sliced
- 6 large leaves fresh basil, plus more, for garnish
- 1/2 cup creamy tomato soup with 4g fat or less per serving (recommended: Amy's Chunky Tomato Bisque)
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add mushroom slices and cook them until softened, about 6 minutes, flipping the slices about halfway through cooking. Remove them from heat and set aside to cool.
Season chicken cutlets with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Lay the cutlets flat, side by side. Spread a cheese wedge over each cutlet and evenly top them with red peppers and basil. Place the mushroom slices horizontally over the basil.
One at a time, tightly roll the chicken cutlets up from the bottom and around the filling; secure with toothpicks. Place the chicken rolls in a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray, seam sides down.
Cover the pan with foil, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Carefully remove the foil and return the pan to the oven, uncovered, to bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, to make the sauce, combine tomato bisque, sour cream, and Italian seasoning in a microwave-safe bowl. Mix well.
Once the chicken is fully cooked, cover the sauce and microwave for 1 minute, and then stir well. Remove toothpicks from the chicken rolls, plate them, and evenly cover with the sauce.
Garnish with additional basil leaves and enjoy!
PER SERVING (1/2 of recipe, one stuffed cutlet with sauce): 271 calories, 4.5g fat, 720mg sodium, 13.5g carbs, 1g fiber, 8.5g sugars, 37.5g protein
2011 Hungry Girl. All Rights Reserved.