Chicken and Chinese Sausage Rice Hot Pot
- 3 chicken thighs, boned, 1/2-inch dice, with the skin
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 lapchang ( Chinese sausage), 1/4-inch disks
- 3 cups Chinese long grain rice, washed until water is clear, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 6 cups chicken stock
Combine the chicken, soy, sugar, sesame oil, scallions, cornstarch, ginger and sausage and let marinate refrigerated for at least 15 minutes.
In a clay pot (or saucepan), combine the rice, salt and oil. On high heat, saute briefly then add the stock to Fuji (1 1/4 inches above the rice). Bring to a boil then reduce to medium heat and simmer until the stock has evaporated to the level of the rice. Add the chicken mixture, cover and cook in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Stir well, cover, turn heat on high for only 1 minute then reduce heat to very low. Cook for an additional 10 minutes, then turn heat off. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Plating: Serve rice pot family style with rice bowls and chopsticks.
Wine Suggestion: Percy McCoy Vineyards, Sonoma County, Chardonnay
Thank you! your flag was submitted.