Chicken and Waffles on a Stick
- 12 chicken tenders
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- Waffle Batter:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- To Serve:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Special equipment: 12 wooden skewers
Preheat the oil in a large cast-iron pan over medium-high heat to about 350 degrees F. Thread each tender onto a skewer.
In small batches, gently drop the skewers into the oil and fry, about 5 minutes. Flip and fry until golden brown, an additional 3 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
For the waffle batter: Place the flour, milk, oil, sugar, vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda, salt and eggs in a large bowl and whisk until no lumps remain. Dip the fried tenders in the batter, coating completely. In batches, gently drop the skewers back into the oil and fry, about 4 minutes. Flip and fry an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Fried Chicken and Waffles Stack with Iceberg Salad and Garlicky Ranch Aioli, Chicken and Waffles, Chicken and Waffle Monte Cristos with Rosemary-Maple Gravy, Jerk Chicken Recipes, Easy Chicken Recipes, Chicken Chili Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Alfredo Recipes, Sweet And Sour Chicken Recipes