Chicken and Waffles on a Stick
- 12 chicken tenders
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- Waffle Batter:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- To Serve:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Special equipment: 12 wooden skewers
Preheat the oil in a large cast-iron pan over medium-high heat to about 350 degrees F. Thread each tender onto a skewer.
In small batches, gently drop the skewers into the oil and fry, about 5 minutes. Flip and fry until golden brown, an additional 3 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
For the waffle batter: Place the flour, milk, oil, sugar, vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda, salt and eggs in a large bowl and whisk until no lumps remain. Dip the fried tenders in the batter, coating completely. In batches, gently drop the skewers back into the oil and fry, about 4 minutes. Flip and fry an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chocolate-Strawberry Waffle Ball on a Stick, Fried Chicken and Waffle Sliders with Spicy Mayo, Crispy Chicken and Scallion Waffle Sandwich, Orange Chicken Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes, Chicken and Dumpling Recipes, Chicken Alfredo Recipes, Teriyaki Chicken Recipes, Chicken Chili Recipes