Chicken-Apple Sausage Bites with Hot Sweet Mustard
- 1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 3 chicken apple sausages, cooked and cut into thirds
- 1 cup spicy Dijon mustard
- 1 cup spicy whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line 1 baking sheet with parchment paper and place 1 sheet of puff pastry on it.
3. Cut the sheet of pastry into 9 equal squares, each about 3 by 3-inches.
4. Brush each square with the egg and place 1 piece of sausage in the middle of each pastry square. Fold the corners of the pastry inward to come together in the middle. Pinch the corners together in the center. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to bake.
5. When ready to bake remove the plastic wrap from the trays and brush the pastry with the remaining egg-wash. Bake until the pastry is golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Meanwhile in a small mixing bowl mix the mustards together with the honey until well combined. Serve the sausage bites hot from the oven with a bowl of Hot Sweet Mustard on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello, 2007