Chicken Breast with Crab and Artichoke Souffle
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 pounds chicken breast, boneless and skinless, cut into 4-ounce portions
- Salt and pepper
- Crab boil seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pound crabmeat, picked through to remove remnants of shells
- 1 (6-ounce) can artichoke hearts, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat oil in a large skillet. Season chicken with salt, pepper and crab boil seasoning on both sides. Place smooth side of breast into pan and let brown, then flip over to brown on other side. In a separate 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, add crab and artichokes, and saute. Stir in flour, add cream and then season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Let simmer until it begins to become cohesive. Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet and top each piece with some of the crab mixture. Bake in oven until "souffle" is golden brown, about 7 to 8 minutes.
Copyright 2006, Robert Irvine, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller
Recipe courtesy of Aida Mollenkamp