c.1997, M.S. Milliken & S. Feniger, all rights reserved
- 4 servings
- 4 flour tortillas (recipe attached), or use storebought
- 1 cup good quality canned refried beans, warmed
- 2 cups shredded roasted chicken (see attached recipe for chicken tacos and prepare chicken in the same way) or leftover
- cooked chicken meat (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons Crema (recipe attached), creme fraiche, or sour cream
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 small bunches watercress, trimmed, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Spread the tortillas on a counter. Spread each with a strip of warm refried beans down the center. Top with the chicken (warmed), Crema, avocado and tomatoes. Lightly toss the watercress with the lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper and place over each burrito. Fold the bottom quarter of each tortilla up and then roll from the side into a cylinder.
Note: If you are using leftover chicken for this dish, combine it with Arbol Salsa (recipe attached) before proceeding as directed with the recipe.