Chicken Cacciatore Soup
- 1 cup uncooked rotini
- 3 cans vegetable broth
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 8 ounces)
- 1 (30-ounce) jar of extra chunky spaghetti sauce with mushrooms and diced onions
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic puree
- 1/3 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoons red wine (optional)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, cut up in juice
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
Cook rotini according to package directions, substituting 1 can vegetable broth for part of the water. Cook until done (about 10 minutes). Drain and set aside. Cut chicken breasts into a 1-inch dice. In a large pan, combine spaghetti sauce, 2 cans of vegetable broth, onions, garlic puree, chicken, Italian seasoning, red wine, tomatoes, and zucchini. Cook until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through (20 to 30 minutes). Add cooked rotini, and cook until heated through.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Pat Bias